Since The Beginning:

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Wednesday's Woman (12-18-19)

https://wakeupbbcreations.blogspot.com/




Today's entry is all about me. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. My point is, as a woman, I saw something that needed doing and got the ball rolling. My current city - which is a whole different topic - doesn't have a lot of good things going on. 
The one thing everyone could agree on is how amazing these 2 local newsletters were. They were accessible and informative while being relatable as well. The place in charge of putting out these newsletters recently did the unthinkable - they decided to form them into a single newsletter. 
As if this wasn't controversial enough, they then went and started changing the format. So what used to be filled with beautiful art submissions, puzzles and coloring pages, along with real stories from real people - is now being turned into something less entertaining. 
It's now going to only have vague information about what is going on in the community and clinical/informative articles about mental health and so on. It isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it definitely has upset a lot of people. Not just the people who submitted to it, but also those who love reading it. There will be no more poetry, no more art, no more getting to know the people behind the stigma. 
This is where *I* come in. I, as a feminist and someone with mental health issues, decided to make our stories still be accessible. Last month I went about creating the general look and feel of a blog which has the sole purpose of deflating the stigma and showing our realities. We aren't that different from any other person with a health issue and we are all tired of the stigmas people place on us. 
I'm so sick of having everything I deal with get labeled as "crazy" or blamed on my being a "girl." For starters, I'm a mother-fucking WOMAN. For another, crazy is a huge misinterpretation. I am completely sane as far as my state of mind. I just have severe anxiety coupled with bipolar disorder and ADHD. It isn't exactly a fun way to live, but it isn't crazy either. 
"Crazy" is usually what happens when someone has a break in their psyche causing their reality to be different from the reality of the masses. I'm aware of how simple and concise this personal definition is, but I'm also aware that my reality is the same as every one else's. Mine just has more stress involved than others. Not the happiest way to be, but it is what it is. I feel, personally, that the extra stress in my life makes me more diligent, organized, careful, and passionate about my interests. Take the bad and good in life and just keep swimming. 
I simply want everyone who has issues like mine to get the equality and respect we deserve in life. I realize I've gone a little off topic, but I still feel like this all needs to be said.
So I apologize for the rambling, a side-effect of both my bipolar disorder and ADHD, and hope you were able to keep up with my message. 
Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a lovely and positive day!