Since The Beginning:

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wednesday's Woman (3)

What do I want to say about women today? 
My mother thinks I should say how wonderful women are because we're full of wonder and create life. I really don't think that line of thinking is a strong enough avenue to explore. It is certainly true we are wondrous. We do create life. Yes, men are involved but with far less time or stress put into it. We spend 40 weeks growing a living creature inside ourselves - sometimes longer. Our organs are literally moved around in order to make space for said child - a woman's appendix, for example, is moved clear up and behind the lungs by the end of the third trimester. It is because of these feats of nature which I give women more credit than men when it comes to creation of the most amazing entities on this Earth.  This being said, I really do think there is more to women than our ability to procreate. 

What do you think should be emphasized about females and our journey towards empowerment?