Since The Beginning:

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Adderall ~ A.D.H.D. ~ The USA has a Screwed up System & I'm Tired of our Excuses

  • Cody Recreational drug users didn't write the policies that make it difficult for people to access medication. This is just a result of the fact that we try to manage drug use in our society through prohibition instead of harm reduction.
    4
  • AmandaCody - Of course they didn't. But they're willingly and knowingly contributing to vulnerable people not having medication that they NEED to function, even survive (my medicine helps me regulate my emotions. I am about 90% less suicidal with them than without). I could not care less if someone wants to get high - I'm fucking high right now - and I get needing to cram, hell, I will tutor your procrastinating ass for free until the cows come home, but pls ffs. I need my medicine. I need it. No excuses will change that. I *expect* the rich and the anti-vaxxer types to make my life more miserable. I don't expect my friends to. I *need* my medicine. If someone wants to stay in the Goodie camp, they can't do Baddie things, then use group mentality to absolve themselves of any culpability whatsoever when confronted by the people they've hurt.
    1
  • AmandaAlso the low stock is specifically from people abusing it
  • AmandaAnd for what it's worth. I'm a regular smoker, I'm talking daily plus edibles. It's legal in my state, and it helps my anxiety. But if it weren't, or if there were a shortage, I can't imagine putting myself above the needs of, say, a cancer patient that needs it for pain management. Is it my fault cannabis is so tightly regulated? No, but that doesn't mean my actions don't influence others in other ways.