Since The Beginning:

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Stiff Upper Lips (A Movie Review)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiff_Upper_Lips

Okay, when Wikipedia does a better job covering something than IMDB - I'm going to be a little bit confused.

Still, This movie came out in 1998 and wasn't nearly as popular as it should have been. I can't find it on DVD and this saddens me beyond understanding.

I used to watch this movie a lot after I graduated high school in 2007. I watched it with my dad because this was the type of thing we could both laugh at and it was nice to know I wasn't the only one who appreciated it. When I started college, quite a few years (2010) later, I still would view it. If it had been on DVD instead of VHS I would even have used it for my Film Appreciation class project.

It's been years since I've seen it, but I still remembered the plot and the characters as though it were only yesterday.

I know officially it had mixed reviews and some people are more likely to be offended than to enjoy the humor in it, but I still felt the need to suggest it to everyone. Please, take me seriously, and find a way to watch this film.

If you don't like parodies, raunchy humor, or historical inaccuracies - this film isn't meant for you. But, you never know if you never try - so please give it one shot before you jump to conclusions.

George & Emily - thank you for always making me laugh when times are rough.