Since The Beginning:

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Sexual & Romantic Natures [VS] Platonic Love = This Is Not a War/Contest

Fun fact I am a Pansexual/Demiromantic the majority of the time. However, my sexuality has always been rather fluid. For instance, until college, I was very much an ACE/Aro. I have also identified as Sapiosexual/Demiromantic. 

This being said, I would be more than comfortable in a relationship where I never had sex and it still boggles my mind that so many people are so hyper-focused on having intercourse as the main point of a relationship. 

I saw this word-picture on Instagram which reads, "It's all about the first person you want to tell your good news!" The first person I want to tell my happy, good, optimistic news to is always one of two people. It's either my little sister or my best friend. Platonic relationships have less pressure and are more rewarding than the ones in my life where sex is involved. 

So why would it be such a big deal? It shouldn't be, that I'm certain of.