Since The Beginning:

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Music 🎶 Never Expires! [Classic Millenial Recommendations]

 Sometimes you can't even rant an issue out of your system. Thanks, MOM!

Tempted as I am to write about toxic family members and the issues therein, I don't wish to ruin any Reader's holiday season. 

Instead, I'll simply say this...

"Someday we'll know if love can move a mountain. Someday we'll know why the sky is blue. Someday we'll know why I wasn't meant for you."

If you recognize the quote above, fantastic! If you do not, the lines are lyrics in a song called Someday We'll Know performed by several artists. The version playing on my speakers currently is by Mandy Moore & Johnathan Foreman. (The New Radicals have a good version, too, if you're interested.)

"Some days go your way. You're on a roll you can't explain and then it all goes down the drain." Meredith Brooks is highly underrated, as is her song Some Days

"I'm waiting for something beautiful. Oh. Oh... Something beautiful. And the water is rising quick. And for years I was scared of it. We can't be sure when it will subside. So I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side..." Something Beautiful by NeedToBreathe will stand the test of time no matter how much language evolves and devolves throughout the ages. It's deep and just reaches out to grab you - it will not be ignored. 

Mat Kearney's Sooner or Later has a similar pull. "Waiting on a phone that never calls at all..." "Sooner or later, I swear we're gonna make it." You can't help but vibe to it, relatable and anything but shallow. 

I'll save some for the next round, of course, our else we'd be here forever. However, yes I do qualify as Emo despite my incredibly eccentric tastes in music. 

Happy Holidays!

Mine has always been Music, Books, and a side of garlic bread.