Since The Beginning:

Sunday, July 10, 2022

A Girl, A Witch, And Autonomy

 I started writing a story on May 26th, 2022. I haven't been able to finish it since SCOTUS did what it did... so I figured I would post what I have so far... #AbortionIsHealthcare 

A girl was walking down the empty street. Shivering, she pulled her jacket tighter as she went on. Too dark to linger, too quiet for comfort, she knew not to stop. 

Never slowing down, she knew where she was heading. The streetlight flickered for a moment, but she strode on.

At the end of the road, she stopped to breathe. Then she went hastily up the walkway towards a red house surrounded by plants and exuding calm. The light was always on.

She knocked twice, and stomped her feet as she waited on the porch. The door squeaked open, and an old woman peered out. Leaning heavily on her cane she asked the girl, "Magick words or magick stirred?"

"Stirred and stripped for life be mended..." the girl quietly replied. The Crone gently pulled her inside by the wrist.

...wish I knew how to move passed this point, but in any case we all know why the girl is there.