Since The Beginning:

Monday, June 15, 2020

Hello, Media Monday. Goodbye Mundane Mondaze...

I know Mondays are supposed to be reserved for Memories or Flashbacks - however you wish to address them - but I've decided today will be Media Monday since I would much rather write about movies & books than think about my past. I've been down lately and seem to be gravitating towards nostalgic thoughts, so I'd rather not bring anyone down. 
I just finished watching *Everybody Loves Somebody* on YouTube. (Yes, it was a Free Movie.) It's a guilty pleasure, but I secretly adore chick-flicks. Romances lift my spirits every time, if only for a little bit. This particular film 🎥 is in both Spanish and English, which engages your mind so you have to stay focused. Set in Mexico and Los Angeles, the main character is an OBGYN who needs a date to her parents' wedding. She brings a friend from work, only for her first love to crash the wedding. Obviously, this movie is a love-triangle story. Yes, she has to choose between them, but you're never really certain who she'll pick - even though you do know who you're rooting for. I won't spoil the ending for you, although I do wish there had been a little more to round it off. Such as a flash-forward? Still, everyone has a happy ending and who could really ask for more? 
If you don't think you can handle a Romance, go pick up a book. "Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway?" by Robyn Peterman is available on Kindle Unlimited if you'd rather go in that direction, however it is the second in the series - so perhaps read the first beforehand. 📚 📖 👁‍🗨 💕