Since The Beginning:

Sunday, November 8, 2020

|Biden Won & Trump's a Child| Let's talk Movies & Music Instead!


Since my last post was all about why we needed to vote, I feel obligated to write about the election and everything going on. However, after what will be a brief summation, I will then just talk about how I spent the day and plan on spending my weekend. Can't have everything be about Biden v. Trump now can we?

I'm incredibly excited and happy that our country managed to vote out Trump. I'm considerably less enthused by the very real notion of needing to start a militia just to get him to actually leave when it comes time to inaugurate Biden. I mean, can you imagine behaving so childishly when you have led (albeit terribly) an entire country? Moving on... I'm glad I won't have to listen to Trump's voice for too much longer, however I am incredibly disappointed in the U.S.A. for playing into the 2 Party system once again. I genuinely don't approve of Biden or his politics because he really is just too damn similar to Trump in the first place. I fear for the future of our country. Although, I've been feeling like that for the past 4 years, so I'm accustomed to this constant anxiety and terror.


This election, on top of CoVid19 and everything else, has put me in a funk I can't seem to break out of. So it isn't any wonder I've been watching Christmas 🤶 movies on Netflix, Olsen Twin movies on Hulu, or listening to Ashlee Simpson music. Yes, my whole week went to nostalgia, hope, and feel-good memories. Today, after listening to "Invisible" by Ashlee Simpson, I decided I was going to re-watch Pride & Prejudice starring Keira Knightley and then follow it up with a marathon of the Back to the Future movies. Knightley is fiery and brilliant. Fox is entertaining. If Netflix had the 1940s version of P&P, I'd probably never turn it off. There is something about Laurence Olivier as Mr. Darcy which always keeps me searching for my own. Are you out there, Mr. Darcy? 
Also, I decided to re-watch the first 3 seasons of Lucifer before watching seasons 4 & 5. I cannot give enough credit to Season 3's episode "Boo Normal" and am totally loving on Ray-Ray. I'll always love Ella, but she's incredible. I want so much to ask if she makes an appearance in 4 & 5, but don't want to be disappointed. 

So here's to everyone out there trying to be normal - STOP!