Since The Beginning:

Monday, January 18, 2021

Trapped in a Nightmare

 Have you ever wanted to vent, rant, shout, and eventually scream? I feel this every week, but I can't because it would be considered slander/libel since everything is hearsay. It's exhausting to know things and not have tangible proof. 

How do you prove a conversation happened without recording it? Without witnesses? 

And not just one conversation, but many? Say, over the course of 5 years? 

The person I want to vent about left me nearly 3 years ago, however I still have to see and communicate with him regularly because of our children. 

I still feel trapped. It is an exhausting issue. I can't prove any of his behavior he had with me because he is so good at hiding it. Even from himself. I've watched him put holes in things - doors, the dashboard - as well as smash things with no warning at all. I've listened to him shout and yell, saying God Awful things. I've endured his suicide threats, in detail to the point of being murder suicide... but anyone who is actually able to help me get him away from our boys - they don't get to see that side of him. He's had years to perfect his mask

So I get to experience never-ending anxiety about everything. Nightmares I wake up grasping for breath, drowning in my own tears. Ultimately, however, there's nothing I can do.

And that is the most terrifying out of everything I experience in my life. 

Do not be afraid to call the cops if you are in this situation. Something on paper is always going to be more helpful in the long run than if you just bear it and hope for the best.