Since The Beginning:

Friday, December 9, 2022

Balthazar: French Drama

 I recently fell into a drama binge - this time it's French. Balthazar reminds me a little bit of Crossing Jordan - except it's so much better! Raphael Balthazar is a genius coroner who's wife had been murdered 12 years before the show takes place. There's more to it, but I'm not about to throw in spoilers. The new police captain, Helene, is a total badass who just does not let him have an inch. In other words, she's a breath of fresh air and exactly what he needs to pull himself into the present. Delgado, the captain's partner on the force, is hilarious and totally underrated as a character. 

I'm already on Season 2 - and eagerly anticipating every episode to come. (There are currently 5 seasons!) Well, I bid you all adieu as I head back to watch S2 Episode 5. 

To my readers who don't necessarily enjoy Foreign Language films and television - I apologize greatly, but I still prefer them to the American Nonsense we are often left with here in the States. 

#Balthazar #CrimeDramas #MyLovelies #LoveYouHeathens

Balthazar on IMDB