Since The Beginning:

Monday, August 29, 2011

yesterday part 1

First off - I finally finished watching Pretty in Pink with my mom... We both have decided we're in love with Duckie.
I had to tell her about 8 times that his character IS, in fact, straight. I agree it's hard to believe because he's a DECENT HUMAN BEING!
That's a *rare* thing in itself. Anyways, we've decided that they need to make a sequel...
Where Stef is both the CAFETERIA COOK and the JANITOR... We even came up with a reason for his being both...
Obviously he lost all his money because karma's a bitch. However, that isn't the end of it!
He needs 2 jobs to support his family because his wife is an alcoholic who can't hold a job.
And he has 6 kids in addition to that. 2 sets of twins. Oh yes, we went all out with this one...
The best part, you ask? DUCKIE is the Principal & head of the school-board!
Yeah, we gave Duckie the task/pleasure of being Stef's *boss!*
Isn't it every underdog's dream to be in charge of the jerks?
Granted, if there was a sequel... we'd need to find a way to fit Andi & Blaine into the storyline...
Not sure how that would be managed since Blaine was *not* my favorite character...
Andi was alright... but then... she could have been better.
Also, Iona would *have* to come back! Totally... and Jenna... (even if her's was a small part... she was a great character!)
Jennifer Tilly would have to have a part in the film somewhere... she's a MUST!
Alright... I'll try to change the subject...
Amanda called today. That was a fun, albeit SHORT, conversation!
I miss that girl like crazy!
Also, I am happy to report I am now capable of wearing (semi-comfortably) my size 16 jeans!
Yeah, so it isn't a SMALLER size, but I'm okay with that.
Especially since this particular pair have always been my favorite article of clothing.
Besides, if you walk about 4 miles every week plus all the house-walking you are bound to lose some pounds.
You people should SEE all the picture frames I have...my poor book-shelf is COVERED in them.
On top of it, rather than using the shelf-space, of course... well, MOSTLY!
It's a small shelf and until I get my room atop my dresser, it'll have to do.
I have so much left to unpack. I'm not looking forward to it.
Especially when considering that mom plans on moving before Uncle Brian comes to live with us.
I don't blame her. This house is no place for a blind person... for any person, really.
I mean, really? It's FREEZING in my room at night. I actually wonder if there's insulation here.
Back to P.i.P. for a minute - here are a few of my fave quotes...
"Off like a dirty shirt." "I live to like you." "I would have died for you!"
"Volcanic ensemble." "May I admire you again today?" "They just don't write love songs like they used to."
"If you don't go after him I will never take you to another Prom again. This is a romantic moment & you are ruining it for me."
- Duckie (some of these are paraphrased b/c my memory is Johnny Rotten.)

"Someone doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them." "He's not like the others."
"Me hating him because he's rich is just as bad as them hating us because we're not."
"I want to let them know they didn't break me." "I admire you."
- Andi (paraphrasing was used)

"Does he have Strong Lips?" "I'm old enough to be his mother but when he kissed me I swear my thighs went on fire!"
"It was the first and last time I was normal. Relatively speaking."
"Applause, applause, applause!" "Well, you could say that Life is a stupid tradition, but don't analyze it...just Go."
"Either it's all those drugs I did in the 60's or I'm really in Love."
"I'm good in bed does that mean I should be a whore?"
- Iona (also paraphrased)

"You buy everything, Stef. You couldn't buy her. That's it, isn't it? She thinks you're shit... and deep down, you know she's right."
- Blaine (possibly paraphrased...)

My favorite scenes in the movie are ultimately Duckie's dance scene and when he throws himself onto Andi's bed...
I also love it when he kisses Iona... Her eyes got so big, it was brilliant!
Why couldn't there be more guys like Duckie's character? *sigh* Oh well...
Sometimes don't you just hate living in the Real World?

~Raindancer~