Since The Beginning:

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Beginnings & Endings with a floating in-between


I don’t really know how to begin. Or where to begin. Everyone says to start at the beginning – but what if you’re unsure as to when that even was?
Is the beginning when I first saw him in my mythology class? Is it when I first started flirting with him in science? Was it when I accidentally set him up with my best friend? Was it when they broke up 4 years later? Was it several years after that when we started fooling around? Was the start when I found out I was pregnant? When he proposed? When we moved in together? Was it when I gave birth? Was it when we got married? When I first realized he was emotionally unstable and verbally abusive? Was it when he started breaking things and I was too scared to leave? Was it when he started cutting me out of his decisions even though they affected all of us? Was it when he cheated on me? Was it when SHE hit my child – and myself – only for him to take her side? Was it when he cheated on me with HER? Was it when he left me for her because I had stopped screwing him for a mere four days? Maybe it was when I found out that worthless whore had made me miscarry. Maybe it was every time he threatened me afterwards. Maybe it was when he tried to apologize but never stated specifically what he was sorry about because he “couldn’t remember” anything that had happened. Maybe it was when after said apologies he still tried to accuse me of being manipulative. Maybe it was when he continued to try and make everything about him instead of our boys. I don’t know. There are too many maybes to ever be certain.