Since The Beginning:

Friday, July 21, 2023

Fun Friday Update

 I know beyond all doubt I have the correct password typed in, but I still had to go through my phone to prove myself. I was all excited to finally be at a computer with a real keyboard so I could post a decent update. Now I'm annoyed. I'm trying to get back to being excited, but it's difficult when the little things affect me so much. I really am working on letting things go. 

I have all these old works I want to put online but right now I'm just going to say, for now, that I have plans with my sister tonight. I'm trying to get hyped up, but every plan I've had for the year has been thrown for a loop. So it's difficult to remain positive. She's taking me to a movie but since I don't have any idea what the plot is going to be, I don't know how happy I am about it. 

This brings me to the Writer's Strike (And Actors!) - I have to say I fully support it. But, for the sake of the movies already out there waiting to be watched, do we think the editors who put together the previews could maybe step up their game? This is the type of movie I'd have loved to see when I was a kid, but because they were half-assing their jobs I'm not even a little excited about it. I still love kids movies, so that's not the issue. (I'm 34 years old with 2 kids, if I didn't love children's movies I'd go insane.) The only reason I'm at all excited is because some of my best memories with my little sister involve the cinema. She's my usual Movie Date rather than a romantic interest because we can actually talk about the movie afterwards. Most guys don't pay attention, or they just want to complain. It's exhausting behavior to put up with and definitely doesn't make me want a follow-up date. My mom is the other person I go to the movies with. Thankfully, they both love musicals as much as I do so it's usually a fun time. 

On my birthday, my mom took me to see Dungeons & Dragons - which I enjoyed even if the storyline was a little... lacking. Worth seeing it in theatres, though. Especially for the preview message made from the actors. Plus, I'll never turn down a Michelle Rodriguez film. She's a Goddess in this industry. 

Today, the plan is for my sister and I to go see BARBIE. I want to be excited, because I love Margot Robbie & Ryan Gosling. But, at the same time, I'm afraid to be let down. Hopefully, we'll get popcorn for it or else I'll try to sing along and that probably wouldn't be a good thing. 

I haven't been to a movie in theatres with my little sister since we were teenagers. It's been nearly 7 years since we've hung out in person, thanks to at-home issues and CoVid19. She's my favorite person but I don't want to hype myself up to be let down. Depression is a real bitch lately. My mom and I went to a movie 7 years ago and then this year. So going to the cinema will always be considered a treat, to me, rather than a regular occurrence. 

I hope it's worth the hype. I hope everything goes well. (I'm cutting out of the Summer Concerts in the Park early so we see it and skipping the Pride parade in town.)

She's trying to shove everything into one weekend but she chose the busiest weekend to try and entertain through. I just hope she has fun and comes back sooner than later this time around. 

I love you, my darling Readers.