Since The Beginning:

Friday, August 11, 2023

Ranting, Raving, Still Crazy...Creative

 So I transcribed an article I wrote 18 years ago. Creativity was always something I focused on when I couldn't come up with something better. Unfortunately, since I handed it in exactly one day late, I only got half credit. Which means I failed the assignment. It was turned in late, for the record, because I had been home with the flu. Staying home wasn't something I did often but as the saying goes, "No good deed goes unpunished."  You would think they would have made an exception or offered extra credit rather than punishing me for not getting other students sick, but no. Then again, this was the same English teacher who didn't care her signs had spelling errors on them. (I still have to hear about this from my mother, by the way, because she was - still is - deeply offended!) 

This is the same teacher who lost our assignments because she didn't know how to work her email - she was in her late 20s at the time and had zero excuse as far as I'm concerned. My partner, who was 9 months pregnant at the time, worked with me to re-do the assignment for the "Royal Fool" not once, but three times, because of that insult to education. Furthermore, the woman didn't even have the decency to apologize or feel bad that she'd "accidentally lost" our project. What really irks me, though, is that my super-pregnant partner wound up working through lunch to get it in on time. I offered to stay and help, but she used morning sickness as an excuse to skip lunch

(Did you know you're supposed to get over the morning sickness in the 2nd trimester? She fainted in the damn computer lab. Who knows how long she was out before someone found her...Yeah, I'm still furious about the entire debacle. Did I mention the so-called "teacher" never felt guilty? Even after this she didn't apologize. Despicable - truly disgusting behavior.) 

Anyway, there's a link to my article, written October 12th of 2005, if you're interested!