Since The Beginning:

Thursday, January 6, 2022

A Few of My Favorite Quotes 😘💕☀

 What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.

Jane Goodall

There is a stubbornness about me that can never bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.
Jane Austen

I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.
Charlotte Brontë

Like art, revolutions come from combining what exists into what has never existed before.
Gloria Steinem

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
Rumi

I hate men who are afraid of women’s strength.
Anaïs Nin

Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.
Oprah Winfrey

Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper.
Julia Child

Women have to harness their power—it’s absolutely true. It’s just learning not to take the first no. And if you can’t go straight ahead, you go around the corner.
Cher

In life, there is no real safety except for self-belief.
Madonna

Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.
Nora Ephron

I think that passion is the secret ingredient that drives hard work and excellence.
Kelly Ayotte

It’s not always necessary to be strong but to feel strong.
Jon Krakauer

If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
Margaret Thatcher

It took a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I’m not going to be silent.
Madeleine Albright

Just because you are blind and unable to see my beauty doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
Margaret Cho

You can’t please everyone, and you can’t make everyone like you.
Katie Couric

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!
Dolly Parton

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
Coco Chanel

Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right.
Henry Ford

Good girls go to heaven; bad girls go everywhere.
Mae West

Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.
Julia Child

A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.
Coco Chanel

A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.
Melinda Gates

I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.
Marissa Mayer

I found that ultimately if you truly pour your heart into what you believe in — even if it makes you vulnerable — amazing things can and will happen.
Emma Watson

Success, they taught me, is built on the foundation of courage, hard work, and individual responsibility. Despite what some would have us believe, success is not built on resentment and fears.
Susana Martinez

If you’re one of those people who has that little voice in the back of her mind saying, ‘Maybe I could do [fill in the blank],’ don’t tell it to be quiet. Give it a little room to grow, and try to find an environment it can grow in.
Reese Witherspoon

Cherish your solitude. Take trains by yourself to places you have never been. Sleep out alone under the stars. Learn how to drive a stick shift. Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back. Say no when you don’t want to do something. Say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees. Decide whether you want to be liked or admired. Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you’re doing here. Believe in kissing.
Eve Ensler

I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.
Michelle Obama

With each generation, women’s ability to live the lives they choose reaches a place their grandmothers never thought possible. But that doesn’t mean everything is perfect or that our work is finished.
Cathy McMorris Rodgers

There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.
Rihanna

As women, we have to start appreciating our own worth and each other’s worth. Seek out strong women to befriend, to align yourself with, to learn from, to collaborate with, to be inspired by, to support, and enlightened by.
Madonna

I am no bird, and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.
Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

Women have served all these centuries as looking-glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of man at twice its natural size.
Virginia Woolf

Of course, I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.
Sheryl Sandberg

I don't like to do what people expect. Why should I live up to other people's expectations instead of my own? [Julia Stiles as Kat Stratford in 10 Things I Hate About You]

My darling girl, when are you going to understand that being Normal is not necessarily a Virtue? It rather denotes a lack of Courage. [Stockard Channing as Aunt Frances in Practical Magic]