Since The Beginning:

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

voices inside me... 1-14-09

staring at all these books i'll never have a chance to read.
looking at the empty pages in my notebook.
wishing my pen could scribe the words i want to say.
hoping one day i can tell you about my day...

knowing i'll never get that chance.
believing it to be the truth.
if only i didn't realize.
if just once i could un-memorize.

buy my favorite color is green,
and i simply adore the black skies at night.
Silver shines and makes me play my guitar.
and all because they remind me of the stars...

there are no miracles in my life.
nothing to make me stand out from the rest.
but when i sing and write my music...
then you can hear all the things that make me tick...
yeah.... it really does the trick...

but still my life is just a shade of gray.
all these things still left to do.
i die with empty eyes and unfulfilled promises.
set my spirit free to fly and sing for a lover's kiss...

let my fire in my heart
flame to new heights.
stop me from thinking.
just let me be free.

invisible to the world as i live and breathe.
but soon one day i will sing.
i will be heard. i will be seen.
I will open your eyes to all that i could be...

you will know who i really was.
who i could have been.
eventually you will realize all that i was made of.
i will be the world's musical love.